All students in Y7 to Y13 wear our uniform with pride. It is our policy that all students wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. This policy is based on the principles that our school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- engenders a feeling of community and belonging;
- is practical and smart;
- identifies students as being a member of our school community;
- is not distracting in class (as fashion clothes might be);
- makes students feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance;
- has been designed with health and safety in mind.
The Newport High School uniform for students in Y7 to Y13 is:
- Black and gold school tie
- Plain white shirt worn under either a black jumper, zip-up jacket, cardigan or blazer incorporating the school logo
- Coats and hats to be removed when entering the building
- Black tailored (not tight) trousers (not leggings, combat or cropped)
- Black skirt (knee length or just above the knee)
- Plain completely black shoes / trainers with no coloured brand logos (no visible boots). Girls’ shoes should have a low heel
- Plain black socks to be worn
- A sensible coat
For PE lessons it is recommended that Newport High School students wear:
- Newport High School PE top (white long sleeved version) or back and gold polo shirt
- Black shorts or tracksuit trousers
- Swimming costume
We only allow learners to wear safe and sensible jewellery. This is limited to one pair of small stud earrings and one ring. The exceptions to this rule are small objects of religious significance. Facial and body piercings of any kind (including spikes) are not allowed as they may place the learner at risk of serious injury. Extreme hairstyles are also not permitted.
Any headwear worn for religious reasons should be of a plain black material.
Hats, coats, winter gloves and scarves must not to be worn inside the school building as they prevent the correct school uniform being on show at all times.
Order forms can be downloaded here: