- We recognise that potential is limitless given the right conditions to thrive.
- We work collaboratively to ensure that everyone’s voice is heard.
- We go out of our way to make others feel welcome, respected and included.
- We always give 100%.
- We strive to support each other and work as a team.
- We never give up and have the skills and strength to persevere with even the hardest work.
- We ensure that what we say is what we do.
- We do the right things even when no-one is watching.
- We take responsibility for our actions and admit when we are wrong.
Innovative and forward thinking
Newport High School – speak with commitment, strive for equality and act with integrity.
At Newport High School we strive to develop ambitious confident young people who can express themselves with clarity and have the skills and knowledge to realise their dreams.
Our core purpose is to:
- Create equality of opportunities and remove disadvantage.
- Encourage our pupils and staff to develop commitment and resilience in order to succeed as lifelong learners.
- Establish high expectations of our students, staff and the wider community and expect everyone to act with integrity.
- Ensure achievement is recognised and celebrated and ambition is admired. • Promote tolerance and respect.
- Help our student, staff and communities feel happy and engage with our school.
Our Aims At Newport High School we aim to be:
- A relevant and forward-looking school that prepares our students to succeed in a rapidly changing and dynamic world,
- A highly effective learning organisation,
- The employer of choice in Newport,
- A school at the heart of our community.